Educators value the success of all students. Educators care for students and act in their best interests.

My ability to connect with students to build healthy and meaningful relationships will help foster an inclusive learning environment for my learners. . My goal was to find out details that I could use to connect with each student on a personal level. I wanted my students to know I was someone who cared about their students and wanted to get to know them on a personal level. 

During my 490 practicums, I had a group of students who loved Harry Potter stories. I would ask them questions after every weekend and some mornings about how far along they are and what is happening in their books. I would do this with all my students. I would take an interest in their readings and make meaningful connections with them along the way. 

The opportunity to make a meaningful connection with students is incredibly valuable to their learning.  Building relationships by using language will help promote a healthy and an inclusive classroom for all of my learners.