Educators engage in professional learning.

Below are several artifacts of learning from clubs, conferences and professional development days. 

It is important that professional learning provides rich opportunities for teachers to develop and enhance their professional knowledge and practice, in order to progress the quality of learning and teaching and school improvement.

Here is a group photo of UNBC EDUCATION CLUB executives outside the Teaching and Learning Center at UNBC in 2019. During my time with the UNBC ED CLUB, we were able to host nights, movie nights, parking lot social distancing gatherings, and book fairs to help support and collaborate with our community and fellow educators.

These next few photos are from my professional development day seminar for outdoor education with instructor Reid Roberts from School District 57 DP TODD High School in Prince George, BC, Canada. We were shown student examples such as leather knife holders, Students made the knife too !

Here is my photo of my feather commitment to my Indigenous Professional Development Day in School District 57, in January 2020, It was a great day as we got to listen to Key note speaker Jordin TooToo. It was a fantastic day of learning and collaborating with fellow educators in the district.

These opportunities for learning and collaborating with educators are so meaningful to my journey as I embark on this wild ride of inspiring the future leaders of tomorrow !