#Accountablity #OneWord2021  

What I think it means to be accountable is showing trustworthy characteristics that will justify my actions and decisions. Understanding that people must take responsibility for their actions, and that every action has a consequence both intended and unintended. 

I understand that my actions can have consequences for myself as well as for others. We are all connected, it is important to think about how one’s actions may affect others such as family, community, and/or the land. I have came to realize that the way in which one person learns may not be effective for another (Chrona, 2019). 

We as a community of learners need to be providing opportunities for growth. I will provide opportunities for students to create autonomy over their learning that will not only motivate but also shine some light on the knowledge in the form that is the best fit for our learners and athletes. This will lead to a community that has risen up to greater challenge that supports and fosters a learner’s talents and strengths (Chrona, 2019). This strong sense of community will allow for tremendous growth in our societies. In this world today it is so important that we foster an environment of modeling and showing accountability. I wil help students learn how to self assess themselves. As an educator we are constantly having to reflect our teaching practice and be reflexive. I will model this with my students, we as educators aren’t perfect but we are all life long learners. Self assessing is a great way to hold yourself accountable as an educator but to also model this for your students so they can learn the process of what it means to be and hold accountability in today’s world.

I will hold myself as an educator accountable by fostering an inclusive, safe and trusting environment. I promise to always see the whole child and gather everything that each and everyone of my students has to offer. I promise to always look through a growth mindset lens, to always find alternate ways to strive to meet my students where they are at. I will hold myself accountable to always make sure I am taking care of myself before entering the classroom. l will always make sure that I am fully present for my students. I promise to provide my students with the basic essentials that we need in life such as love, support and a believer so that every child that walks into my class will be given every opportunity to be sucessful.I will always strive to hold myself accountable for my students, my peers and most importantly my health and wellness.

I will model responsibility for ones actions and this plays into a huge conversation on their life outside the classroom. The students will have to take responsibility and ownership over their actions.

I want to be able to help learners become aware of the natural consequences of their actions. This will include letting learners make mistakes or to be confused in the classrooms or arena and fields. I want to then help them to learn from those mistakes in a safe environment that will allow reflective and critical thinking to help learners understand the natural consequences of their actions. 

I will show empathy and accountability to help learners with their thinking of consequences for themselves which involves all aspects of personal well-being; making ethical decisions and taking responsibility for one’s actions and how they impact self and others; and self-regulation (Chrona, 2019). It is important to me that I will continue to pursue a positive learning environment for all my students and athletes. 

In 2021 and beyond, as an Educator and Coach, I want to be able to justify my ability to empathize with and appreciate the perspective of others, all while creating and maintaining healthy relationships within one’s family, community, society, and environment. 

Learning involves recognizing the consequences of one‘s actions. (2019, August 9). First Peoples Principles of Learninghttps://firstpeoplesprinciplesoflearning.wordpress.com/learning-involves-recognizing-the-consequences-of-ones-actions/